Take your ride one step further by applying MindMove principals through 1:1 coaching. Clients come to Michelle to shift their minds when they need help navigating a specific issue or breaking through a stagnant state or unhealthy lifestyle. Individuals who are ready to listen and actively participate in, and contribute to, their transformations benefit from Michelle’s unique style of individual coaching.
Below are the coaching techniques Michelle most frequently implements in her work with 1:1 clients.
- Motivational Interviewing: Motivational interviewing is a technique Michelle uses to reinforce the client’s self-efficacy. It focuses on exploring and resolving ambivalence and centers on motivational processes within the individual that facilitate change. It is collaborative and evocative, and draws on autonomy rather than authority.
- Appreciative Inquiry: This, too, is a model Michelle uses to engage stakeholders in self-determined change. Rather than “problem-solving,” appreciative inquiry focuses on identifying what is working well, analyzing why it is working well, and then developing ways to do more of it. The process of Appreciative Inquiry requires a particular way of asking guided questions that encourage positive thinking and interaction. The questions focus on four key areas: discover, imagine, design, and deliver.
- Socratic Method: A dialogue between teacher and students (or coach and client), the Socratic Method is defined by continual questioning in a concerted effort to explore the underlying beliefs that shape the client’s views and opinions. Again, it is all about information gathering and involving the client in the comprehensive process.
- Accountability: With Michelle, there will be homework and regular check-ins and check-ups. Accountability is critical to understanding that you and you alone are responsible for your transformation.
- The Stakeholder Model: Building on Michelle’s themes of personal responsibility and uncompromising integrity, she uses stakeholder theory to introduce the importance of values and ethics in managing a transformation—within a person or an organization.
Ready to work with Michelle? Get in touch.